SailNet Community - View Single Post - If you don't know how to anchor... DON'T !!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by linnetwoods View Post
As a permanent live-aboard, I have seen my share of anchoring nightmares. Once, the guy on the boat in front of us accused us of dragging forwards onto his stern!

Incredibly enough this almost happened to us over the weekend. Some poxy cat stink boat anchored way to close to us and after a bit of glaring on my part he tried to sort out the problem by simply whacking it into reverse and tried to pull his anchor further away from us. End result was once he had the anchor chain as taut as a violin string he figured he was far enough away from us and
killed the donk. Was quite perplexed when a moment later he'd just about run up our arse.

What really pissed me off about that fella and another couple in a sailor who also anchored about half a boat's length away from us a little later was that at the time we were the only other boat in that particular bay.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook