SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone using Allstate for boat insurance?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003

pblais is on a distinguished road
Anyone using Allstate for boat insurance?

One thing to note is that insurance underwriting is done on a state by state basis. Here in Virginia I use Allstate for everything cars, house, and boat. Great boat rates! The 100 miles off shore limit is included with no other exclusions as with other policies but as has been stated they won''t go beyond 100 miles.

Mostly I went with Allstate because the agent is so good as well as the rates. In Minnesota I would never have used Allstate. I had State Farm there but here in VA State Farm does not want to write policies at all and for existing customers that move here they quote hideously high rates.

Rates are partially dependant on the state you live in. Each comapny manages each state as a small company. One state may be very unlike another in how they do the rates.

Your own policy / claims history and valuations also really play an important part as well.

Your driving record and credit rating also effects your boat policy a huge amount. Drunk dead beat power boaters with gasoline engines still rack up the most claims / deaths.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook