SailNet Community - View Single Post - Please recomend a blue water cruiser for around 10K
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodesSwiftsure View Post
Check the weather forecast and be prudent?

You do not have to be Larry Pardey to realize that a boat will do just fine in any ocean on the planet provided you don't jump into something beyond the pale.

There are, of course, differences between boats. But it's people and dispositions that make the difference when the going gets tough, not displacement ratios and the precise chemical formula of the resin under your feet.
RS...These are eloquent words to be sure...but mans best attempts at avoiding Gods creation ( I hate mother nature ) head on at times is delusional at best..I concede that there is an element of man that is content with all risks..however on this forum we strive to offer sound advice that puts the element of success in the favor of thoes getting the advice..To say my Irwin is a blue water capable boat is just ignoring the facts otherwise..Ted Irwin if alive today would tell you so...Have they made passages? yes for sure they have but thats not what they were built structurally for..

I once put two bullets from a 270 Winchester into first the shoulder of a 10'3" brown Bear at 40 feet the second shot was in his ear at 6'... yes six feet...there would not have been a 3rd shot!...a 270 is not the encouraged weapon of choice to go hunting Brown bear on Kodiak Island Alaska ( We were deer Hunting ) will it work yes...was it a close call...TOO CLOSE.

Buy/Recomend the right tool for the job.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook