SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing Safety
Thread: Sailing Safety
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008
C&C 34

MysticGringo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MysticGringo Send a message via AIM to MysticGringo Send a message via Yahoo to MysticGringo Send a message via Skype™ to MysticGringo
I was just thinking of putting together a list of this sorts for guests coming onboard. I think mine will include things like, my nav station is for my use, and not a storage area for them. Showing them where they should stow their gear, and things about water and electricity usage, as well as how the galley works, because they are cooking! I also think its important (maybe just with my friends) to go over alcohol consumption... basically, if they want to be a part of the crew, and help, then no drinking (maybe a single beer is ok), but if they want to drink, then stay out of the way of the crew.

The last time I had a buddy come with us for a few days, I didn't do a good job at all of going over things. He didn't have as good a trip as he could have, and we didn't either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook