SailNet Community - View Single Post - Preventing or reducing anchor swinging
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Geez...a bit sensitive are we Don? BTW...the FIRST thing I did when you brought up anchor spring lines was to check google. Indeed, I did so tonight and in the first 50 return links for Anchor Spring Line there was not ONE reference to a spring line actually being used on an anchor other than Gord's! Perhaps that is why you didn't cite any other than Gord May's use of the term. The only other mention of Spring line and anchor together was for a rubber snubber "spring" to be used on a line to a Para-anchor.

If you're gonna be sensitive to feedback on the things you write...the internet is not a particularly friendly place. I will happily retract my springline definition if you care to back yours up with an "authoritative source". Since I've already given you Websters and Wiki and can cite at least 10 other on line marine glossaries with the same definition...I think the ball is in your court. As I said...no big deal...but you seem to think it is.