SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bleeding your Yanmar Engine
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInMD View Post
Sorry to be a party pooper here, but the more I look at this first post, the more problems I see. I think it's a great concept and I applaud the effort that went into it. However, I think the document is not usable in it's current state. For example the item the second photo labeled injection pump is actually the secondary fuel filter. There are many other problems as well.
Feel free to PM me with suggestions for improvement (would be appreciated)- I am no mechanic and the intent was DIY laymans way of tackling it, and for my own reference since David spent so much of his free time to make it easy for me understand. Hence the pics and at least laying it out - even with inaccuracies - you can get it done relatively painlessly.

To answer the wiring. I ran the wiring to the push/pull switch from battery directly, then the output of the switch to the positive lead of the aux Facet Pump. I did this as it was the easiest to do, no intentions of leaving the pump running. The switch is in the bilge and I used a electrical sealant to insulate the wires and the back side of the switch. I'll probably change that out and put a dedicated switch on the Nav panel later, since I am running new wires all over the boat.

To address the noise - the cylindrical one that I have is quiet. You do not hear it running if the engine compartment is insulated / sound dampened and barely if you have the compartment opened.

PM me with suggestions and later next week I'll do an edit on it with proper credit

Thanks for the input.

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook