SailNet Community - View Single Post - New to the Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008

landlockvasailor is on a distinguished road
Welcome, there are a number of fine folks on this site. I have only been on for a year, and have found a termendous amount of info. Know HH well, sail out and lived on boat in Solomons, Mobjack (the town), Deltavaille, and the backyard currently.

In Solomons the Harbor Island was owned by a family, I think the son, if they own still, runs. I believe it was Dale or John. In Deltaville, Fishing Bay I would stongly recomned, Debbie and Ron Hall run. They bought Deagles next door, changed name, and is a more than your average boat yard. If you have a very shallow, 3 foot or less, a working yard that is very, very, very reasonable is Holiday Marina off the Seven off the Mobjack. The past owner Mr. Hogge just passed away, the new owner is from NJ and plans to druge to 5 with new docks. When I was there, it was $25 per month, now it is $60 for a 22 footer. All three of these operations are hardworking honest folks, (have met new owner at Hoilday for 5 mintues, seem good guy). There are more around, but these are the ones I have know since 82.

Tom