SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

La Paz Mex-LA crew opportunity

2K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I have space for 2 additional crew on my Hans Christian Christina 49 for a trip from La Paz Mexico to Los Angeles. I will cover all costs of provisioning, fuel and all other boat expenses. You will come aboard as a guest and unpaid crew. You will need to supply your own airfare to La Paz and from Los Angeles to wherever home is. Your will also need a Mexican fishing license (about $30 USD). We depart La Paz on May 26 and will return to Los Angeles on or before June 8. I am looking for sailors with some coastal and offshore sailing and navigating experience since you will be expected to stand watch.

If you are interested in more information please email me at jrvsrv@aol.com. I will send you full particulars about myself,the trip and specifications for the boat.

JRV

#3 ·
Greetings, Joe...a little short notice but I''m interested. At 55 yrs. young, fit and experienced offshore I''d like to know more about vessel, your experience and berth arrangements (I really hate "hot-bunking"). But, good cook, watchman, easy to get along with. Canadian, currently landlocked in Calgary, Alberta. Cheers, Richard.

#4 ·
Dear Richard:

Thanks for your response. Send me your email address directly to my email at jrvsrv@aol.com and I will forward full particulars. Our 49'' vessel has a full aft cabin, full forward cabin and 2 single bunks in a separate midships bunkroom. I anticipate 4 people on this trip so there will be a berth for everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.