SailNet Community - View Single Post - Your knowledge and wisdom please.
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 07-26-2008
cardiacpaul

1. What types of boats in your opinions are the smoothest sailing (comfortable) boats?

A mid cabin berth on one of princess cruise lines boat.
Seriously, thats like asking, "I'm going on a trip, what should I pack. "

2. What gadgets/electronics are in your opinion a must?

Oh my god. Some people won't leave home without a GPS EPIRB and a chrome plated titalater valve, Others have to have a sextant, and take a pin and a cork but forget their watch, what difference does it make, you're sailing right?

3. What gadgets/electronics are in your wish list.
Thers a couple of adult toys on my christmas list, but
thecuban would have me ground into choriso if I told.

4. What are your opinions regarding what composes the best hull material (composit, wood, steel, fiberglass).
I'd look for a carbon fiber hull, CF unstayed mast, 3 hulls and a really big wallet.

Look, I don't mean to be a PITA, but those questions are far too generic.

What kind of radio do you want in your car, whats the best refridgerator in my kitchen kind of questions aren't really given a lot of thought

narrow it down a bit willya?

what type of sailing do you want to do, where, and when, do you have a budget, or is this the fuel of latenight dreams. Depending on those answers, our responses will be different.

We are not primarily on earth to see through one another, but to see one another through

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome