SailNet Community - View Single Post - Your knowledge and wisdom please.
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
1. What types of boats in your opinions are the smoothest sailing (comfortable) boats?

A mid cabin berth on one of princess cruise lines boat.
Seriously, thats like asking, "I'm going on a trip, what should I pack. "

2. What gadgets/electronics are in your opinion a must?

Oh my god. Some people won't leave home without a GPS EPIRB and a chrome plated titalater valve, Others have to have a sextant, and take a pin and a cork but forget their watch, what difference does it make, you're sailing right?

3. What gadgets/electronics are in your wish list.
Thers a couple of adult toys on my christmas list, but
thecuban would have me ground into choriso if I told.

4. What are your opinions regarding what composes the best hull material (composit, wood, steel, fiberglass).
I'd look for a carbon fiber hull, CF unstayed mast, 3 hulls and a really big wallet.

Look, I don't mean to be a PITA, but those questions are far too generic.

What kind of radio do you want in your car, whats the best refridgerator in my kitchen kind of questions aren't really given a lot of thought

narrow it down a bit willya?

what type of sailing do you want to do, where, and when, do you have a budget, or is this the fuel of latenight dreams. Depending on those answers, our responses will be different.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook