Here are a few general questions for all of you out there.
1. What types of boats in your opinions are the smoothest sailing (comfortable) boats?
Lots of smooth sailing boats - depends on where you plan to sail (bay/lake, offshore, Cape Horn
. . . . ) For where Paloma sails - offshore in the Gulf of Mexico: Bristols, Cape Dory's, Pearsons, Bayfields, Tayanas, Westsails are all good .
2. What gadgets/electronics are in your opinion a must?
For offshore: autopilot
, depth and knotmeter, VHF
- fixed and hand held, single sideband
, good stereo with marine speakers, 10M candle power light.
3. What gadgets/electronics are in your wish list.
None - Palmoa has them all
4. What are your opinions regarding what composes the best hull material (composit, wood, steel, fiberglass). If you are in salt water, it's fiberglas
I tried this thread elsewhere and it took a 180 degree turn from where it was intended. Hopefully it stays on track here. Not that anyone was being foul or facetious there as they were all truly genuine in their responses.