Join Date: Jan 2007
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Thanks for the advice guys. I plan on going over to captain Gatto this morning and insisting he getting it hauled and surveyed before I can hand over my savings on a boat that will more than likely wind up costing me the price of a steal that is currently out of my price range now. Guess I will just keep on saving, considering the issues I have discovered are going to cost me 8-15K to fix, if not double that if the mast has to be replaced...
Even if I put 30K into this boat it will still get the Oh Gawd look when I pull up into a marina. That is not the kind of thing that is going to motivate the blood, sweat and tears this thing is going to need out of me. Initially I figured a 40' boat for 8K, was a bargain, but it is clear to me this was more of a you get what you pay for than a bargain after all.
It is really nice being down here... It was worth the trip... Now how do I go about avoiding getting ripped on a $500.00 deposite to hold the boat next time?
Last edited by JagsBch; 07-27-2008 at 08:29 AM.