SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is with boaters these days..???
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008

J36ZT is on a distinguished road
Reality is, there are idiots in this world. Shockingly, some even have boats!

There are not enough facts in the article for us to know what was really going on. However, I surmise the Coast Guard (or whoever provided assistance) didn't do enough after the first two times to prevent the need for the third "Rescue."

I agree that everyone should get a "Freebee" (if they survive). But, I'd like to see the Coast Guard have the power to "Attach" (ie chain the boat to the dock) if they tow a boat. The "Attachment" would be conditional, and would be released after the cause of the towing had been corrected. An example: No working Nav. lights...as soon as lights are fixed the attachment is released. If you didn't want to agree to the attachment condition, then pay the money and use Vessel-assist.

Ask any 911 operator, policeman, fireman, or paramedic if there are idiots out there that abuse emergency services. Unfortunately, they have to respond to each and every call as if lives are in danger. Boating is no different.

There is no minimum IQ requirement for breeding! There is no monetary limit on stupidity!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook