SailNet Community - View Single Post - Camaraderie Tayana 52' Ketch for Sale
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Camaraderie Tayana 52' Ketch for Sale

We'll...I might as well be the first to post!
See full details here:
1987 Tayana Center Cockpit Ketch Cutter Boat For Sale

Here's what the broker says about her:
The Tayana 52 center-cockpit ketch/cutter is designed by Robert Perry, one of our all time favorite blue water yacht designers. While Bob draws a beautiful sheer, it is not so often that he himself says that it is the "sweetest sheer" he has ever drawn. Few yachts exhibit the stunning symmetry, the sheer beauty of the 52. Whether lying at anchor or playing with high sweeping seas, she is an eye-stopper of the magnitude-truly a magnificent sailing machine. We can truly say the Tayana 52 is a beautiful yacht. She is also a pedigreed vessel of high quality, solidly constructed by the TaYang shipyard in the late '80s. This vessel can sail anywhere and at any time providing the owner and crew with total comfort and safety. all while getting to their destination very quickly.
Our offering, Camaraderie, is extra special. She was a fresh water boat seasonally sailed in the Great Lakes for her entire life until 2003! Her current owners bought her with their vision of cruising the Caribbean and maybe beyond. They gave her an extensively refit in 2004 and prepared her for her first real blue salt water adventure. Camaraderie was been newly Awlgripped in 2005 in "majestic" blue. To say the least, she is a head turner. But more importantly, the refit included all new standing rigging, a new Schaeffer In-Boom Furling system with a new Quantum fully battened mains'l and yankee cut genoa, new ST58 electric Anderson halyard winch, and lots more!
This vessel is a true blue-water boat in absolutely turn-key condition with her teak just refinished, hull topside shining, beautiful teak decks in excellent condition, great sails, clean engine room, 1000 amp hours of new batteries, new cushions in 2004, new dinghy 2004, loads of stuff. Everything real, and everything working. Turn Key! The kind we specialize in. She is ready for any ocean crossing. You can step aboard today, cruise Maine and Nova Scotia then shoot down with the Caribbean 1500 for a winter's R&R in the islands. And we should also mention she is ICW compatible, being a rare ketch rig with shoal draft! Perfect.
You will not want for comfort and you will not worry about safety. She is a blue water boat of the highest caliber ready to go. Her very knowledgeable and experienced owners have lavished her with love and money. Everywhere you look, you'll see the quality, beauty, thought. Everything is maintained properly. She is equipped as a blue water yacht should be. She is perfect.
Well...maybe not perfect...but darn close! We are about to lower the price $30k once again in this tough market to $299k (8/1/08) and I really believe she is the best value on the marketplace in that range. My loss is your gain. Please visit the Yachtworld listing and then PM me if you have questions that aren't answered there.