SailNet Community - View Single Post - Installation of extra internal fuel tanks on a Orion 27
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
my Racor is accessible through the cockpit. It is mounted to starboard roughly over the tranny (well high over the tranny, space is no issue).

My bilge floor board goes back under the engine front panel about 4 inches. I will get a clean picture of that soon for you also. With the comapnionway steps in place, i have to pull up then forward to get the bilge floorboard up. I hope i described it well enough for now. i will get better pictures of the whole setup so you can incorporate it into your plan.

I don't know if you are aware or not, but a guy from Block Island solo circumnavigated his Orion, Otter. His name is Brec Morgan. His story is a big inspiration to me, and a big factor in my decision to buy Jessica Anne. Here is the link to his old site, he also had his journey published in 2003 in Blue Water Cruising as a 3 part story. He has been there, done that, and shares his gear list and stories for those interested, check him out....

Otter News, Orion Circumnavigator

PS, thanks for putting your info into the yahoo database