SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone ever work for World Maritme Exchange?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Did you see this page?
World Maritime Exchange/WME Yachts Ltd. (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

Or this one?
World Maritime Exchange/WME Yachts Ltd. (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

This whole deal smells like an Amway structure with "master brokers" and "brokers" to me. At the very least, if I were you, I would call one of the brokers and ask them what they got for their money that was worth $2500 bucks and which simply going to work in a brokers office would not have gotten them.
The fact that no one here has ever heard of them as brokers or trainers may say something about their success rate but their listings are overwhelmingly power boats so perhaps that is why. Are you looking to become a power boat broker?
My guess is that it works this way. You pay to get trained. Then you become a certified WME broker. Then you find boats to list as an independent contractor. Then you pay a monthly fee to be able to use the WME yachtworld site to list your boats. Then when you sell a boat you send part of your commission to WME and the "master broker" also gets a cut. Let me know if you find out differently but ask all the questions before you put your $$ down!