SailNet Community - View Single Post - Head Mate HAND Pump...not!
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by razwrld View Post
Hello,have not had to ask a question in awhile.I have a 1971 Morgan 30 Sloop.Was using the Head Mate last night and the small hand pump on the right side of the bowl,moved without a friction or pumping ability.We had noticed some water leakage at the top of the nut holding the pump in for about a week.We use the boat 2 to 3 times a weeka nd have decided to use it more.
Is there a repair kit,such as a new handle section or seal?Any help would be greatly appreciated,Ray
Just rebuilt mine last week. I will put together a thread for how to do this soon for you. Yes there is a rebuild kit. Costs about $7X.XX bucks - or half the price of a whole new toilet. Still, easier to just rebuild and maybe better. Gaskets are fresh and new.

I cannot put the thread together rigth not. Got a conference call. Will help soon.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook