SailNet Community - View Single Post - LA Decisions...
Thread: LA Decisions...
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008
Banned

serenity4u2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks

Thanks for the info... I probably should have read more of the threads before placing this one. It was my first... After reading so many threads I can see where there are so many "honest" and probably biased views. I did spend a great deal of time reading about boat selection and especially regarding a pilot house. This thread was created to obtain the views of others regarding a LA.. Under the buying a boat threads I discovered many answers... I did post a thread regading one boat I mentioned in this one. It is located in the buying a boat thread. It is regarding the Gulf 32 PH new version....

Greetings All, After much reading about pilot house sailing boats, I recall the old Gulf 32PH.. I did learn that Capital Yatchs sold the desighn to a company located in CT... Gulf Pilothouse Sailboats LLC ... The new versions were suppose to be in production by '06 and also displayed at some boat shows. I am unable to actually review the new version from my online research. I am curious if anyone has actually seen any on the market? Like wise I would think there may even be some newer versions being sold used. Unable to locate any with my search.. Can anyone locate some of the newer versions? After reading the numerous threads about sailing in colder climates and the advantages of a heavy sailing PH boat, one post did lead me back to the gemini105MC- commenting that you have the best best of both worlds (open cockpit as well as protection from weather. I just wanted to look more into the newer version of a gulf 32 ph.... Thanks Everyone... Mike
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook