SailNet Community - View Single Post - Important Notice regarding list.sailnet.net (the old SailNet List Server)
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008
STARBOARD!!

KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Labatt...e-mails have been sent to ALL users of mail lists. Of course, some have not used the lists in a long while or changed their registration e-mail addresses, but SN has tried to contact everyone.
Hmm... No email received on my e-mail which normally gets the Newport forum; nobody who has been sent the email has re-posted it to our known list of users.

Admin-

What we (the Newport group) would like is a short restoration of the service so we can get the word out and properly bring the group to a close. It seems to me that many, many people who lost the service are unaccounted for and we have no way to get in contact with them because the email distribution is not available anymore. There were regular posters and many more who only posted infrequently but followed the emails they were receiving.

While I understand Sailnet's decision to move everything over to the "forums"; nobody on our group is happy that the service abruptly stopped with no warning. Luckily we had formed a sidebar group/email list before the service stopped so many of our active members could remain in contact.

Please restore the e-mail service for a week so we can "find" our remaining list members who are now lost in cyberspace.

Fair Winds,

Russ W