SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moderated Discussion Group?????
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008
s/v Annie Laurie

ka4wja is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Moderated Discussion Group?????

I joined the "c470 list" run by sailnet.net, back in late 2002 / early 2003.....almost 6 years ago......(and didn't buy my 470 until early 2004.....)

To say that I learned a lot from ALL of you (now totalling > 150), is a BIG understatement!!!!

But, it looks like time marches on, and we'll need to find a new home.....
Perhaps sailnet.com.......perhaps a yahoo group.......perhaps another option?????

I'm not sure what's best for all......
We'll need to figure that out together......

SO.....here's the $64,000 question.....
(A question to all C470 owners that make it here to the sailnet.com forum, from our sailnet.net e-mail based discussion list......)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we all wish a public discussion forum, with "moderators" who can decide what we can ask / comment / discuss????

** Yes, sailnet.com PAYS for this website, so THEY do get a "say so", but I've seen other on-line (web-based) discussion forums turn into places that I'd not care to be involved in.......they range from heavily censored and moderated, all the way to rude, nasty posts from the "general sailing public" that have nothing to do with what you joined the forum for......}

So, in the coming weeks, as we all get around to this sailnet.com forum, we'll need to make some decsions.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, all my fellow C470 owners, please contribute to the discussion.......

John
s.v Annie Laurie, C470, #26
(currently lying, Sewall's Point, FL, for summer 2008)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook