SailNet Community - View Single Post - Important Notice regarding list.sailnet.net (the old SailNet List Server)
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Sorry guys...they may be going out tonight but the admin told us that thousands of names would be notified. I will double check on the "mailing date" but I know that all will be notified and I have no reason to distrust the sailnet management. Sometimes these things take a bit longer or a gltch occurs but I think you can all rest assured that everyone will be notified, that the archives will be preserved and that an alternative has been provided here.

Mitch...I think we can assume that the cost of RUNNING the server, the bandwith and the admin support required was not justifiable given the very small numbers of people actually using ALL the lists in total ...with no business benefit to sailnet.
So cut out the inactive email lists and support the ones that were active. heck, put some ads in the emails-- that would piss some people off for sure, but now Sailnet has pissed off everybody who used those lists. Who's their economic advisor--Phil Gramm or Carly (she who ruined HP) flory-dory? OOPs, crossing threads here. Well, you can be sure the 300 or so Pearson owners who had the rug pulled out from under them won't be buying anything from Sailnet any time soon. How's that affect the business benefit equation? the price of a new server and associated costs is looking cheaper all the time.

Sorry CAM, i just hate to see such blatant stupidity.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.