SailNet Community - View Single Post - Important Notice regarding list.sailnet.net (the old SailNet List Server)
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Every one on every list was notified by email last night. ...
I wasn't. The only sailnet.net or sailnet.com entries in my mailserver's log since Aug. 3 are repeated attempts over the last two days to deliver what I find after-the-fact is undeliverable.

The only other things in there mentioning "sailnet" are several instances of this:
Quote:
...reject: RCPT from unknown[65.36.168.104]: 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname, [65.36.168.104]; from=<sailnet-bounces@speedwake.com>...
I've no idea who "speedwake.com" is. Near as I can tell they must be spammers. Whomever is trying to send whatever from that address apparently doesn't know how to run a mailserver, that's clear.

I am not impressed by your handling of this. ISTM a more logical procedure would've been to, oh... I dunno, maybe tell your membership before you shut the lists down that you're going to do so?.

Jim

P.S.: I am kind of wondering, in a vague kind of a way, why somebody that looks, from their domain name, like a power-boating operation is trying to email me with a "From" of "sailnet-bounces@"... Kind of curious.