SailNet Community - View Single Post - Important Notice regarding list.sailnet.net (the old SailNet List Server)
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Guys...approximately 1200 people actually made a post to ALL the lists combined in the last 4 months. I started on the lists with the liveaboard and Irwin lists back in the old days before Sailnet so I know what they were and what most of them have become. There is NO business case left for continuing the lists.
Everyone has a place they can still go and hang out together that even has some new features to make the discussions better.
If they don"t like the new sailnet place, they can agree on a google or a Yahoo place. Everyone possible has been sent an e-mail and additional support has been offered to help reach others. The new sailnet place contains all the archives so nothing is lost that is of value.

The complaints have been heard, the decision to close the lists is final and everyone can choose to either carry on their discussion here or not.
Change is always hard.
I do not work for Sailnet or agree with everything they do...but it is time to stop complaining, accept that the lists are gone and move on with whatever you want to do next. I hope that the current forum membership will enhance the new group discussions here and that the group members just joining from the lists will have much to add to the general discussions as well.
Anyway...that is my hope and how I see things.