SailNet Community - View Single Post - YIKES!!!!! 30+ foot boats are expensive!!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003

john232 is on a distinguished road
YIKES!!!!! 30+ foot boats are expensive!!

Jeeeessee!!! Jeff, What gives?? TABBED in my dictionary means TABBED, which is different than laminating every edge of the bulkhead seam to the hull thereby making the bulkhead and hull as one unified piece. Tabbing is like spot welding a seam where laminating all seams would be like welding the whole seam as to marry the two parts. Sometimes tabbing is done by just bracing certain sections of the bulkhead with screws and metal L shaped support brackets, big difference than a whole laminated bulkhead. Next I don''t care to race this boat, Did I say I dont care to race this boat. Now that you understand that, I am putting this boat together to sail it in the Gulf coast in a few years. Also I don''t see how I will end up upside down on this boat when so far I only have about 3,000$s in this boat and since the engine looks like its going to be in satisfactory condition then the only thing I need to do is spend 3,000$s for the keel and re laminate the rudder get a new shaft support bracket and paint the bottom of the boat and put about 500.00 into electrical work and I am sailing for around 6,550 to 7,500 dollars, and last I checked a 1980 Santana 30 was going for between 21K and 25K and those boats did not have wheel steering package that was a 1.8K option in 1977 and a modernized wing keel (which will be ready in 6 weeks from Mars Keels in Canada) and roller furling and propane stove and oven. I REALLY DON''T SEE HOW I CAN BE GETTING SCREWED WHEN ALL MY SAILING FRIENDS HAVE BEEN TELLING ME I GOT ONE HELL OF A DEAL. And they were all sceptical untill they saw how well this boat has been taken care of by the previous owner.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook