SailNet Community - View Single Post - Experiences with battery isolaters?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008

negrini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to negrini Send a message via Yahoo to negrini Send a message via Skype™ to negrini
Dan, you're not going to use your batt thruster that much, it is expected to be almost fully charged everytime you need, just like your engine batt. I think Beneteau did a good job here, as I don't like the idea of having the thruster on same house bank, indeed, I split my 3 banks into engine/resistive/inductive loads. Your thruster would generate a lot of noise in the line that could cause some disturbance on sensitive electronics, but that is just my crazy exageration and to be honest, water pumps and electric wc (and sometimes the fridge) used to mess my dvd, so I found a final solution.

BUT what I really designed wrong, was my genset having an isolated batt. Since its use is marginal if compared to engine, specially during winter, where we use the boat less frequently, no AC, short trips, etc ... I found it dead DOZEN times, that I just installed an isolattor from teh engine batt (just like your batt thruster) .... think about it.

BTW, saw your pics, how old's your boy ? My boy, 4 old, is very excited as our new Bene will arrive Charleston next Aug/12 after a long wait .....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook