SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who''s living on what??
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
Who''''s living on what??

Ok we are not living aboard right now but we have and are going to again. The first boat was seventy feet and needed a crew of three to take care of it.We were young and dumb and lived like their was no tomorrow and had lots of room to do what ever we wanted. The maintanance was murder. The years passed and so did the money days. Next I lived on a 30 foot boat for three years.Loved the V birth as I could stick my head out at night and quickly get a (heads up) view of my situation very handy when on the hook. The problems were working everyday my spouce was an office type and needed everything hung up. I was a boat rigger and never had enough room for tools on a thirty foot boat. This was because the salon on one side was a hanging area for clothes. Wet toilet paper is another problem as well as water if on the hook (water tank to small) head was the shower and you forget to stash the TP. In the morning I skipped the wake up shower so she could do her thing and I spent that time loading water jugs into the dink for the trip back in the evening. I made up for the shower when I could manage a night usually a saturday in a hotel for some cable and long soak.Also living day to day on the small ice box and an igloo is tough you start to get creative on what you store and how. The grill gets used more and more as you don''t want to cook below and stink up your house and clothes. So maybe a 50'' boat is great for people who need a bit more space like a work area and living room bathroom and galley. Oh and a place to hang all the friggin clothes.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook