SailNet Community - View Single Post - Identify my boat
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008

RichNH is on a distinguished road
Isn't that these guys?

Ratsey & Lapthorn - Leading Edge Online

Then I googled the name and found an address in City Island, NY but it seems that the establishment at that address is now these guys
Sails by UK-Halsey Worldwide
which I also saw listed in a google entry as being associated with Ratsey & Lapthorne.

I don't suppose it makes much difference.

I uploaded all the photos I have of the boat which includes a number of shots from this morning. Hopefully that'll help. As you can see, I have an old Seagull outboard. This is leftover from the prior sailboat we owned some 25 years ago. I cleaned it up but haven't tested it to see if it'll start yet. My account on Flickr is RichNH03033 and you apparently need a Flickr account (free) in order to do a search on my name. Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

I am curious about one thing. Apparently there is a missing cleat or something on both sides of the boat. The 2 holes are there but the fixture is gone. I'm assuming that since all the cleats seem to be 4 screw and the fixtures that allow you to do a quick release of a sheet (what is that called?) are 2 screw that these holes must have been for that. But I can't figure out what they would have been used for based on the position and the orientation of the holes. Anyone have an idea? Pics 814, 818 and 823 show these holes I'm talking about.

Last edited by RichNH; 08-09-2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Add Flicker Reference
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook