SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cats on Board
Thread: Cats on Board
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003

barnecat is on a distinguished road
Cats on Board

hi, i have a 3 1/2? old black tomcat, hes grown up at a little boat yard in northeast and we adopted oneanother a year ago..he now lives for past year, 2 miles away from the boatyard, with a gorgeous waterfront, he is VERY independent has a cat door and does NOT like litter box, he prefers the outdoors. well, we are taking him on his "first" 3 month cruise at end of month to bermuda and west indies..the first time we took him out, the engine freaked him out and he had a silent/still long anxiety attack, we anchored and i returned him home the next day.
hes very outdoorsee, i feel terrible "locking" him up on board and with a crew this time..(hes a bit of a fradey cat and doesnt seem like he particularly cares for men..not my doing.) we are putting up goober nets, hanging a board from stern w/ carpet, will have a kitty life vest..but im not sure what to do about the head..he does not like the box...i researched a bit and everything i find is how to train your cat from the box to the toilet not from outdoors to the toilet, does anyone out there have a cat like this?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook