SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau Attalia
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008

Stephane99 is on a distinguished road
Question about refrigeration unit and head tank replacement

Hello,

Lots of interesting project pops up when you get a new old boat... So far we have thoroughly enjoyed our new Attalia and have had a busy summer sailing season except for some 'discoveries' that the surveyor missed when looking at the boat last fall.

We had a leak in our dark water tank, it is patched now but we will need a new one, has anyone ever replaced this tank ? I am told I need to have it custom made, has anyone replace this tank in an Attalia and found a fit on the market from a pre-built one ?

We also found out that our refrigeration unit was toast, I got a replacement unit and was looking for advice on where to place it. It was originally in the lazarette but that doesn't really work, I think this is why we replacing it, the unit gets banged up when you keep going into the lazarette.

The person that I am working with is suggesting to install it under the sink, I am reluctant to install it there because it is already crowded, there is the water pump and all the hoses down there. I am thinking that installing it there will make it too crowded if I need to fix anything else. The other option is under the settee but we use the space for storage.

Has anyone install a refrigeration unit ? If so where and what is your experience in this location.

Thanks

Stephane Gagnon
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook