SailNet Community - View Single Post - Important Notice regarding list.sailnet.net (the old SailNet List Server)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008

engele is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
I did not know that for certain which is why I said, "I have been told...". But I have heard contrary opinions to yours. Regardless, I will not join it. I do not see the point. THis place can provide everything a list can provide and much more.

At any rate, lets just move on. It is closed, permanently. I certainly hope that those who enjoyed talking shop on their boats will find a lot of camaraderie here and value in this site as it will span many more sailors and opinions.

- CD
Really? Much more? What about:

Sailmail users?
Blackberry users?
Those with too many online logins and passwords to remember?
Those who can't stand the flashing adds?

What about all of them? I am/was subscribed to both Sailnet and Yahoo groups and I haven't had a problem with the Yahoo group at all. I liked sailnet's simplicity and plain text messages.

Don't you realize that especially in the small groups, sailnet has cut the only tie between a lot of people? A tie that many found useful?

I tend to disagree that the forums are going to fill the void. I always read the lists as they hit my inbox, but I rarely check the forums, and it's been that way for years with all of the lists I subscribe to.