SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailnet Shut's Down Their E-mail List Servers????
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008
s/v Annie Laurie

ka4wja is on a distinguished road
A lot has happened in the past week......

Catalina 470 owners have decided to seek out a different avenue for discussions, questions, etc.....
And have formed a Yahoo group, that allows e-mail diseminated posts as well as web-based.......(very similar to the old sailnet.net message list)

Almost half of the existing C470 owners have signed-up in just the past couple of days, and all is going well.....

I wish to extend my thanks to sailnet for the years of service, but I already participate in open, public forum discussions (SSCA), and most c470 owners (myself included) were looking to keep a nice happy, friendly group together, without the distractions and complications of thousands of others posting on unrelated and ancillary issues.......

So.....So Long, and FAIR WINDS to all here on sailnet.......

Those Catalina owners wishing to join us, come on over to our yahoo group...

c470 : Catalina 470 Sailboat

Register, get verified, and you're back in business....just like the old days.....
(you can post on-line....or post via e-mail....and your messages are delivered to every else's e-mail.......just like the old days....)

John
s.v Annie Laurie, C470, #26
(currently lying, Sewall's Point, FL, for summer 2008)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook