SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ideal SW Florida "pocket?" cruiser under 27'?????
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 08-13-2008 Thread Starter
Daysailor wannabe cruiser
Red face thanks for the confidence

Hey thanks for the suggestions. There are a couple of Catalina 27's around and I haven't checked on out yet. I've sailed on Catalina 25's before and they seemed alright.

On the fractional sailing thing. I know that that is a sensible solution for many people and I did a similar thing on Lake Lanier when I lived in Atlanta that was a lot cheaper, but on older boats. I've owned and restored/made usable fiberglass powerboats before and been burned in the pocket on all of them but I do enjoy the "ownership" aspect. Although sometimes it is not entirely clear who owns who I also want to be able use it whenever I want and not have to fill out a chart or plan way ahead.

I thought the catalina would be a smart choice, but all the C's that I've seen listed so far around here are fin keels with 4.5' draft and I was hoping to get under 4' and closer to 3'. The Bristol is 3'3" and the Hunter is 2'11". I may just be paranoid after reading too many posts on groundings in S.FL.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome