SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pretty Scary Way to End Your Cruise
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
I hate that "newspaper". Is there an editor on staff, or is it run by a freshman highschool English class?

Quote:
The pair had been competing in a round the world yacht race, which started in the Caribbean in January and is due to finish back there in March next year, when they smashed into the reef in early morning darkness.

They were forced to abandon the luxury 50ft cruising yacht after it turned on to its side and started taking in water.

They put out a distress call and transferred to the life raft to await help. Mr Turner said it was his first rescue after sailing for thousands of miles around the world. He said the yacht is now unsalvageable.

The former Commodore of the West Stockwith Yacht Club, South Yorks, and his companion were taking part in a round the world yacht race, which started in the Caribbean in January and is due to finish back in the West Indies in March next year.
I didn't catch that the second time, mind telling me again the particulars of where they were coming from, and where they were going. Huh, what's that timeline?

Enough ranting. Good to hear they all got out of it safe.

PS, Grotius beat me to it....