SailNet Community - View Single Post - Nobeltec radar?
Thread: Nobeltec radar?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003

magnusmurphy is on a distinguished road
Nobeltec radar?

thanks a lot for your reply. There is a lot of information and I will have to read it a few times to "get" it all.

The "multiple install" situation worries me as well. To date I''ve installed my program on two different laptops. However, you talked about a dongle. I didn''t get one with my program. I just had to type a very long "key" into the program and connect to the internet. The program cannot be used fully until that is done. I assume that after three logons it doesn''t get activated. In that case, how can one sell the program on E-bay?

The marine outlet in Vancouver I deal with phoned me today saying that they have spoken to Nobeltec and that they have stated they will give me a "break" on the price of the radar because of already owning the VNS. I find this whole thing a funny way of doing business. It should be obvious that people would not want to pay for the same thing twice!! However, the marine store couldn''t tell me what that "break" would be - a little vague for my taste since the system is by no means cheap.

I live and cruise on the Westcoast of BC. I thus use NDI Canadian raster charts with the Nobeltec (they don''t have any Canadian vectore charts). Question is if the Raymarine system supports these charts, or if they again have their own proprietary charts that are exclusive.

Very frustrating situation all of this...

M Murphy
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook