SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who''s living on what??
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003

Magic_Moments is on a distinguished road
Who''''s living on what??

Since I work every day I just keep my clothes mostly in my car. I keep a few on the boat so I have something to wear when I forget to bring clothes down from the car. In the winter towels do not dry in the car so I have enough to make it to laundry day.

My boat is a Gulf 29 and I have spent almost a year on it while I was selling my house and after. When I bought the boat I did not envision spending more than a week or two on it, but it has turned out to be fairly comfortable as long as I am in the marina. I probably could live away from the dock with a few adjustments, but I would prefer to get a bigger boat. One thing I do like about it is, since it is a pilothouse I can look out of the boat in any direction as long as the curtains are open. The penalty for the pilothouse in a small boat is 5''4" headroom in the head and forward cabin. Its 6''4" in the salon, although I do have a hatch in the head so I can stand inside and have my eyes above deck. Also I could hang a sun shower there but never have yet.

Ken
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook