SailNet Community - View Single Post - Favorable conditions for Fay to Develop
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008

JagsBch is on a distinguished road
OK moved the boat back to my place. Bought a small 8K BTU AC unit and a generator. Been meaning to get both for the boat anyway for camping trips, guess this was just the excuse I needed to get them now.

Well we are still under a hurricane watch, inspite of the fact that Fay has disipated a lot in the past few hours. I am keeping an eye on the tail from the outerband over the Atlantic, it is dippind down into the keys and feeding off all the warm water coming off the Gulf Stream, talk about your potentent scorpion tails...

Thing that has me concerned at the moment inspite of it dying down, is that when Fay pops out into the Atlantic tonight, it will be sitting right on top of a fuel current that will be feeding the storm cells that will be blowing it back up.

This is a strange storm indeed Cam. It has been draining and reinergizing like the energizer bunny. It however, is in perfect position to stall right offshore as its speed is slowing down to allow it to cook and brew in the heat of the noon day sun tomorrow before being slingshotted north to slam just south of Jagsbch as a hurricane giving us the North East Knuckle Punch.

Right now Fay has sustained winds @ 50 MPH, there is a probability of it doubling in stregnth before coming back ashore in the next couple of days. How likely? Your guess is as good as mine.

Oh boy

Last edited by JagsBch; 08-19-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook