SailNet Community - View Single Post - New here - Planning trip around the world...
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingatx View Post
Non-profit paper-work is already being filed by my attorney and I have several people wanting to put money into this (six-figures).

The bottom-line is I can afford to pay for the boat, trip, etc., on my own... With the right PR, we could potentially get some national exposure, which could mean big bucks for my non-profit.

I'm not really on here to discuss how to raise funds... I joined the sailing forum for advice on sailing.
Let me get this stright, you don't know how to sail. You don't have open ocean skills. But, you do have people who will to put up 6 figures.

Please tell your investors, for the sake of the kids, to donate their money now to the kids as it will take you years to gain enough experience to do this sail safely.

The above comments were written by a sailor with 30+ years experience 15 of those being open ocean and a father who has a child with cancer!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook