SailNet Community - View Single Post - BRISTOL 35 YAWL FOR SALE
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2001

VIEXILE is on a distinguished road
BRISTOL 35 YAWL FOR SALE

No web photos, but might have something around hereabouts we can scan in this week and forward if I have an email address for you. I wish I had the boat down here for Rolex. I watched an Alberg 35 pointing like a banshee and looking like it would CROSS a J-42 on the same board. Too bad they disappeared over the horizon on the downwind leg. We got 4th. What we''re doing racing a full-suit kevlar J-42 with an old Jeanneau charter beater racer 39 is beyond me. The Bristol is called Wing ''n Wing. The Volvo MD-2B got new rings, valve guides and springs a couple years ago, new bearings on the crank, new gasket set, etc. Runs good and dependable. This is the full keel 1972 Alden 35, Hull #11. No blisters, solid glass hull, Edson Wheel, Ritchie Compass. It''s a bit of a cross-current setup with the offshore body but HUGE cockpit. Deck-stepped mast on 6x6 mahogany compression post, teak trim below with new satin finished bulkheads, cabin sole re-done, etc. before layup last August 13. I''ve actually found the same boat down here in Sloop rig that I''d love to have. It''s forgiving, comfortable in a seaway and I''ve lived aboard for 4 months at a time. Pressure water, 10 gal. hw heater both AC and off the heat exchanger; LP gas stove and oven, triple bilge pump setup, GPS, I threw the Loran away, VHF, depth, etc. I''ll be refinishing the decks when I get back to Maine for a few days next month. I bought the paint and west systemed a winch handle ding and a couple of gelcoat nicks and it''s basically ready to paint. I''ll be launching probably around Memorial Weekend if I can find airfare out of St. Thomas for anything less than $700.00. Then she''ll be in Benjamin River off Eggemoggin Reach on a mooring for the summer. The plan is to race Downeast Race Week starting August 11 and finish it off with the Retired Skipper''s Race out of Castine on the 18th. Plans can change for the right price. Contact me at kweathersailbee@yahoo.com at your convenience and I''ll see about scanning photos. KW
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook