SailNet Community - View Single Post - new monohull sailors
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 08-22-2008 Thread Starter
bobsboat

new monohull sailors

Hello to everyone. We're excited to learn from you all! Briefly, we've converted to monohull sailing after years of Hobie Cat sailing. Bought a precision 21 as our first introduction. We've been sailing in Fishers Island Sound and have come to the conclusion that we would like a heavier, larger boat that would allow us to go to Block Island and Long Island. The Precision is a nice little boat, but it can be like riding on a cork when it gets a little windy and rough out there. we've been looking at older tartan 30's or cape dory 30's. We'd like something that can point well into the wind, has a comfortable ride and is big enough for just the two of us. My husband thinks we should go for a 30 ft. but i'm a little apprehensive. I wonder if that is going to seem like too much boat , but the 21 ft. doesn't seem as big as it did in the beginning of the season! we're looking at a 1978 Tartan 30, one owner, never been painted, fresh water only, with an atomic 4. Would appreciate your suggestions and thoughts.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome