SailNet Community - View Single Post - Reasonable slips near South, Rhode, or West Rivers?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008
Unpaid Intern

josrulz is on a distinguished road
Reasonable slips near South, Rhode, or West Rivers?

Hi everyone,
We're in the market for a boat, and we're going to need a slip, hopefully not terribly far from where we live. The most convenient locations would be on the South River, Rhode River, or West River. We live in a community where we may eventually be able to get a slip, but it might not be right away. So we're open to moorings even and slips that might be less fancy and on the inexpensive side, until we can get something where we live.

I've been poking around trying to find marinas, and have found some online, but not all marinas are easily found this way, so I thought I'd ask here.

Our boat will be in the low 30s in length, under 11' beam, and shoal draft (around 4 feet-ish).

Any suggestions on a less-expensive place to keep the boat in these locations for a year? We don't need pools and palm trees, just a safe place to moor the boat. Because it's temporary, we'd consider a mooring instead of slip, as well as of course a slip.

I appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Thanks!
-J
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook