SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buyer Broker East Coast
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008

chuck5499 is on a distinguished road
i used a broker for my first boat - jeanneau ds40 - i knew little about boats and the first time i met him in his yard he spent 5 hours with me showing me the difference between a bavaria and elan and jeanneau and bennie ect - ie what makes one boat better than another - during that time he was able is access me and what i wanted - he did try to sell me a smaller bennie (many many folks had recommended that to me) but after i explained my thinking as to my stage in life and the boat financial market he understood what my thinking was and worked with me -
he also understoond that when i said i wanted to go cruising i really did mean it (a lot talk about it but few go and broker needs to figure that out) and that i need to be able to handle a boat short handed -
he worked with me for almost 3 years (one problem was my company went bankrupt and i had to find a new job - put a stall on buying a boat) to find the right boat - when it came we jumped on it - we then together worked on what upgrades it needed both short term and long term - he found me financing and insurance - and that was not easy -
you see this was my first yes first boat and a 40' to boot - took a lot of work to find both but he did it - and both at extremely reasonable prices
when i have a problem i still call him and actually stopped in to see him the other day with a main sail furling problem and he was a great help -
his name is ted novakowski president of sound yachts in westbrook ct and has an office in south fla - but ted is a very talented guy who will sell you want you need not just any boat he can get away with and convince you you want it -
give ted a call and tell him chuck and svsoulmates said to call (no i get nothing out of it - just a very very satisfied customer) - 860-399-8800
or check it out on the web at soundyachting.com
and i get nothing out of this
chuck and svsoulmates
ki4sry
a long term crusing sailor
on the hook in sag harbor,ny head to elizabeth isl next week
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook