SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pacific Seacraft 34
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008

Katwalling is on a distinguished road
Hi again and Congrats on the new 34!! Great choice! I think the 34 and 37's are perfect blue water cruisers for a sailing team - husband and wife - or ? Three sailors are also comfortable with some shuffling of sail sacks etc. Re-reading my earlier post and I mis-typed. We went to Mexico in 2003 and came home in 2005 - oops. The route to and from Mexico? We did NOT go with the BaJa Ha Ha crowd. We did stay in close 20 to 35 miles offshore. We stopped at Newport, OR - Crescent City & Eureka, CA. Sailed under the Golden Gate bridge in sunshine on Sept 25 (cross that off the lifetime list). Then we stopped in Santa Barbara, and Marina Del Ray (my hometown). Took a side trip sailing out to Catalina in 20 knots of WARM wind. Amazing... Then stopped in San Diego - at the "Police dock" for 10 days. SD is crazy and not user friendly! We crossed into Mexican waters late Nov and the real adventure began! The boat? Excellent is the only word - she's tough, well balanced and sails very, very well. Things we added prior to our cruise - a watermaker (loved it), radar, monitor vane, ICOM 802 SSB radio. If you're going to Mexico on your 34 - consider a watermaker for sure. What did you name her? You'll fall in love several times with this boat...Cheers, Kat
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook