SailNet Community - View Single Post - recommend small (22-28'') performance sailboat
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003

winslow59 is on a distinguished road
recommend small (22-28'''') performance sailboat

Thorsten -
nice looking boat. With the family history, I''m surprised you''d be willing to let her go.

e-27 sailor -
thanks for your input. The Express 27 really interests me -- right price range, trailerable, Schumacher design. The problem: I''ve never seen one in person. On the west coast they seem to be concentrated in the Bay Area. Just how ''minimal'' are the accommodations? Are they difficult to sail singlehanded or with a just 2 people (designed/intended to have crew to handle sails, provide weight on the rail?) I hadn''t thought of how displacement would effect comfort in an anchorage...

The Laser 28 is interesting. I''ve been on one, but not sailing. In my experience, they''re not often found for sale in the northwest.

sailingfool -
I''m getting more & more interested in the trailering idea. Maybe not dry sailing, but at least the capacity to pull the boat out for extended storage or to relocate to another place. Slip prices and availabilty are heading in different directions - and not in my favor. I don''t know anything about the ''S'' boats - I''ll do some homework.

All -
still open the other suggestions.
The Alerion-Express 28 looks like a good fit - except for price...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook