SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trip Report: Quartmaster's Marina - Vashon Island
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Thanks much - yeah the repair was relatively minor all things considered. It cost almost as much for the tow from Elliott Bay Marina to CSR at Ballard as it did for the repair.

Huge kudos to the guys at CSR at Ballard Locks - they were waiting and ready when we pulled in and within 10 minutes of it being on the stands - started work on the prop. It probably helped that they remembered me from my Catalina being in the yard all last summer.

Jerimiah did the work and explained the whole procedure to me and recommended that we not replace the seal as it seemed to be ok. I have a older version of the drip less shaft seal.

In short work - all that needed replacing was the shaft key (which was sheared) - and tapping the shaft back in place as it was not bent. The whole scenario could of been way worse - so I lucked out.

I also had them change out the pitch on the prop as the engine stressed to much under load.

All in all - while not exactly the extraction of boat bucks I was anticipating as I have to replace the furler and purchase new sails... I am back at Elliott Bay (thanks again to the staff their for allowing me use of the breakwater tie up for a few days)... and getting ready for a five day adventure

Cheers!

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook