SailNet Community - View Single Post - Quickstep 24 and Other Boats
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008

BlueWaterMD is on a distinguished road
Quickstep 24 and Other Boats

For the past few years I have wanted a sailboat, but the timing was never right. There was a lot of uncertainty as to where my job would take me, and wether or not there would even be water there. Well as luck would have it, my girlfriend and I ended up in Tampa, FL. We will be here for a minimum of 3 years, but plan to stay somewhere in S. Florida afterwards.

After a long wait, I am finally ready to buy a boat. I am looking for something around 25' give or take a few feet. It will be used primarily for daysailing and overnight trips, with the occasional 4-5 day cruise. Shallow draft is a must, however I do prefer a keel to a centerboard. Ideally I am looking to spend about 10K, with plans of using the boat for a few years, learning the ropes, and then upgrade in a few years to a mid 30's cruiser.

Of all the boats I have seen, the Quickstep 24 caught my eye. It is a cool little pocket cruiser. 24' LOA, 3' Draft, canoe stern. It has that "salty" look not found on a lot of the more popular production boats. Unfortunatly, I can hardly find any information on this boat. Does anyone know anything about it? Quality? Any problems? How do they sail?

While this boat seems to have a lot of character, do you think I would be better of with more of a mainstream design (ie cat 25...) where there is a wealth of information and parts available? I am always open to other boat suggestions as well.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook