SailNet Community - View Single Post - Quickstep 24 and Other Boats
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
I have always liked that little Quickstep 24. It's a Ted Brewer design, so you can pretty well expect it will be wholesome. C.E. Ryder (a well respected builder in Rhode Island) built most of them, but I have this vague notion that another builder may have turned some out too. Must have been a fair number built -- we see them out on the water with some regularity.

I recall that Bernadette Brennan Bernon (former Editor in Chief of Cruising World magazine) and her husband Doug Bernon owned and weekend- and vacation-cruised their Quickstep fairly extensively up in New England, before purchasing the Shearwater 39 Ithaca in which they did their extended cruise to the Carribeam, Central America, etc.

The thing I like least about them is the outboard engine -- but then that is what makes them affordable. If you are attracted to this style boat -- I would suggest you compare it to the Pacific Seacraft 25. The PSC 25 will cost you a bit more nickel, but it has an inboard diesel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook