SailNet Community - View Single Post - the time is now. =) Buying to a price point. =(
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003

jbarros is on a distinguished road
the time is now. =) Buying to a price point. =(

it was half in jest. BTW, I did look at the rest of the boats on the list. Most were well out of my price range, some I couldnt find a single one for sale, (Express 30) others looked like living aboard may be a bit... dificult, but some looked like they may work very nicely. (the S2, Tartan 30, Farr, Hunter, Palmer Johnson)

My only got to haves are a workable galley (even if it''s small. EG: I could deal with the one on the J) a place to shower BELOW DECKS, and of course, before all of that, a sound and seaworthy design, hull and rig. EVERYTHING else, is completley negotiable.

As for the spinnaker, While I know they suffer horribly in the performance realm to real racing spinnakers with poles and lots of lines and all that, I''ve found a cruising chute with a sock to be rather easy to manage, even one big enough to carry along a > 5 ton boat.) So I''m sure I can make something work.

I appologize if my previous post was less than obvious about being tounge in cheek. I did not expect to find the $20,000 J-160.

Thank you for your concern. Given the above specifications, and the conditions posted in my first post, what would you suggest?

-- James
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook