SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lines led aft (Irwin Citation 34)
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Rik..Sense know one else seems to have your model and be able to help you i will try..

My 41 CC does not have all lines lead aft nor a mast deck plate..I do have a couple stand up blocks and organizers on deck though which run the Vang, reefing , furller and out haul..I believe you ment main haluard and not main sheet as that will be aft end of you boom not forward mast end..stand up blocks are common for this application also..

One thing to keep in mind when designing your system is to make sure you have room forward of your winches (at least 12") for some type of cam cleats and a fair lead for everything..This most likely will entail cutting holes in your cockpit combing to provide for thoes fair leads..I would be hard pressed to run everything to the cockpit in my boat due to the shortage of flat space and clearance to accommodate everything...Besides I like being on a bucking deck..to me thats what makes sailing fun..take that away and you might as well burn fuel and stay warm and dry in the power boat of you choice.

Give me a few minutes and I'll see what pictures I may have.

Last edited by Stillraining; 09-01-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook