SailNet Community - View Single Post - ONE FAMILY DREAM, HOME and WAY OF LIFE, at an END?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003

pirateofcapeann is on a distinguished road
ONE FAMILY DREAM, HOME and WAY OF LIFE, at an END?

Well, if''n it was me, I''d be happy to be away from the damn snobs in that hole!

Sounds to me that you''re lives are spent wondering when and from where the next dollar is coming. Now, don''t get me wrong ''cause I''ve been there and done that.

I didn''t spend my winters over at the yuppie marina up the creek (I swear that the gas dock attendant over to Cape Ann Marina still prances out wearing Docksiders, Dickie shorts, a short sleeved polo shirt and a baseball cap even in the dead of winter)! No, no, I stayed over to the Yankee Marina where the real people were!

So, find yourself a marina where the owners are a little more lenient with these things. It’s that or go out and get a cheep insurance package on the boat. The bare bones minimum coverage, just enough to say to the marina that you have insurance, shouldn’t cost too much.

Here’s a little ditty that the owner of the Yankee Marina once said to me when I thought he had over charged me for one thing or another:

“It goes with the territory”!

His words of wisdom have helped me through many unfavorable times that befell me due to my choice of a boating lifestyle. So, suck it up and do what you’ve got to do!

…and get an anchor light on the boat!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook