SailNet Community - View Single Post - How can you sleep at night?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
only Cams and wimps sleep at night in a crossing....real man (like me) don't sleep...

back in 1923 when I was crossing the atlantic East to west from new York to Frankfurt, via the Indic Ocean, on my wood ornamented rich, 5 foot thick Valliant hull built in 1845, with a over full keel and skeg hanging rudder, proudly spiking the sky with my 4 mast tripple decker double core plank on carbon fiber sloop ketch, with a hoyt rig on the port spreader, I spent 46 days without sleep.

Off course it help the fact i did not pay the Sears credit card bill and I knew they were going to cut my credit off, and that makes me lose my sleep....

But what kept me going was the thought of watching Oprah once again....once I hit the famous atlantic islands of Madagascar...

Having nothing to eat for 67 days and drinking my own urine, only because I like the taste, and making margaritas with the water from washing my socks, also helped in keeping awake....

Man once I landed..I slept a whole 3 hours...then moved on to my next trip, a cruise to Siberia, via Serbia, and then I got 5 Knockroaches...but that's another story...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook