SailNet Community - View Single Post - How can you sleep at night?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
only Cams and wimps sleep at night in a crossing....real man (like me) don't sleep...

back in 1923 when I was crossing the atlantic East to west from new York to Frankfurt, via the Indic Ocean, on my wood ornamented rich, 5 foot thick Valliant hull built in 1845, with a over full keel and skeg hanging rudder, proudly spiking the sky with my 4 mast tripple decker double core plank on carbon fiber sloop ketch, with a hoyt rig on the port spreader, I spent 46 days without sleep.

Off course it help the fact i did not pay the Sears credit card bill and I knew they were going to cut my credit off, and that makes me lose my sleep....

But what kept me going was the thought of watching Oprah once again....once I hit the famous atlantic islands of Madagascar...

Having nothing to eat for 67 days and drinking my own urine, only because I like the taste, and making margaritas with the water from washing my socks, also helped in keeping awake....

Man once I landed..I slept a whole 3 hours...then moved on to my next trip, a cruise to Siberia, via Serbia, and then I got 5 Knockroaches...but that's another story...

And we missed this Guy ??

Welcome back Alex.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook